1. You can completely erase HA fillers if you don’t like how your lips turn out for whatever reason. Because HA is not permanent, your dermatologist can inject an eraser enzyme called hyaluronidase. The enzyme will dissolve the filler in five minutes if you’re unhappy with the initial results.
2.HA fillers last about six months to maintain the shape and volume. But if your body is on the thinner side, you may metabolize the formula faster and the injections might not last as long.
3. You see the results almost immediately. Your lips may be a little swollen at first, but you see the effects of the fillers pretty quickly. Give your lips 24 hours to settle and the swelling to calm. Then you’ll be seeing your filled-out lips as they will be for the next few months.
4. If done correctly, lips with injections don’t feel any different than real lips.
5. There’s practically zero downtime. The procedure takes about 15 to 20 minutes total, and the numbing will start to wear off after about 15 minutes. You can go about your daily life afterward but shouldn’t make any big plans (like a wedding or an important event) for at least three days in case you bruise.
6. You shouldn’t exercise the day of the procedure. You especially should avoid activities that increase blood flow to your face, like getting a massage or a facial.
7. You don’t have to go all out. You can choose which areas of your lips you’d like the focus to be. Whether you want to do both lips, just the bottom lip, or the middle of the top lip, you can plump wherever you and your doctor decide will best complement the rest of your facial features.
8. Ten days prior to your procedure, avoid painkillers, fish oil, and Vitamin E, which tend to thin the blood. Thinner blood will make the area more prone to bruising and bleeding.
9. Some slight bruising and bleeding at the site of injection is normal and expected. The bruises should fade after five to seven days.
10. The bumps and lumps in the lips you see sometimes are the result of the filler being too close to the surface. It usually goes away and can be corrected. If you do notice it, discuss it with your doctor.
11. Anyone who has a history of cold sores should take prevention medication two days before the procedure. Injections could trigger a cold sore.
12. If you eventually decide to stop getting injections, your lips will return to their original state. Contrary to what you might think, your lips will not turn into saggy, wrinkly skin bags. However, the HA that was injected into your lips has been proven to jump-start more HA production at the site of the injection, so your lips could naturally remain a bit larger, thanks to the previous injections.
We appreciate your feedback. Please leave a message. You can also get in touch with us through the social networks by clicking on the icons above this message